The directorate is accountable for the director general and has the following duties.
1. Shall coordinate, manage the agency’s information communication and serves as the agency’s spokesperson.
2. Undertake various public relation activities to enhance the relationship of the agency with the public and realize its vision and mission.
3. Coordinates information exchange system between the agency’s work process or other entities.
4. Shall undertake media monitoring and survey on issues related with the agency; collects and analyze comments of users and professionals and present to higher official.
5. Coordinates the agency’s media communication (local and international) and respond ensures responses are provided by the relevant organs.
6. Organizes awareness raising on small and medium manufacturing industry development policy, strategies, laws and other issues that assist national understanding.
7. Shall facilitate conditions to create and develop ethical P.R professional and deliver training to this effect.
8. Shall produce radio and TV programs that assist the promotion of small and medium manufacturing industry development plan programs and projects.
9. Shall conduct stabilizing activities in consultation with the concerned organs of the agency when there are crisis in small and medium manufacturing industry development.
10. Shall evaluate and study the efficiency of the agency’s PR activities and design ways to improve such tasks.
11. Shall prepare the budget and plan of the work process; presents performance evaluation in due time.