Leather and Leather Products Directorate is accountable for the manufacturing development sector D/Director general having the following duties and powers:
1. Shall enforce the proper observers of laws and regulations adopted to facilitate the development of leather and leather products industries, evaluate, monitor the performance in this regard and takes corrected measures.
2. Shall prepare plan, alternative projects in order to make leather and leather products industries efficient and productive based on the government strategies and the growth and transformation plan in addition to taking the necessary corrected measures.
3. Shall coordinate the design and adoption of supportive frameworks that facilitate the development of leather and leather products industries.
4. Shall works towards creating favorable conditions in order to make leather and leather products industries competitive and efficient and shall recommend solutions to mitigate the challenges and bottlenecks of the sector and shall monitor the enforcement of such resolutions when approved.
5. Shall undertake investment promotion works in order to attract investors to be engaged in leather and leather products industries.
6. Shall collect, analyze and organize the data and information relevant to leather and leather products industries and ensures such information is used efficiently for leather and leather products industries.
7. Shall build the capacity of regional institutions that support and coordinates leather and leather products industries development.
8. Shall create value chain in the manufacturing sector and monitor the delivery of training, finance support and technological input from supportive institutions to leather and leather products industries according to their need.
9. Shall identify good practices that could support the facilitation and management of leather and leather products industries development, and shall distribute such practices.
10. Shall support the creation of leather and leather products industries unions.
11. Shall ensure preparation of portfolio and feasibility studies that are beneficial to leather and leather products industries development in addition to collecting and analyzing information related with the same.
12. Shall organize regional leather and leather products industries in industrial cluster and shall provide the necessary support and capacity building in such industrial clusters and villages.
13. Shall facilitate support from universities, training institutions, technique and vocational education centers to be provided to leather and leather products industries in industrial and shall monitor such supports adequately provided.
14. Shall collaborate in undertaking research and development, technology transfer, infrastructure development and other capacity building activities.
15. Shall ensure the introduction of incentive, recognition and award system based on study conducted in order to motivate the competency of leather and leather products industries in industrial and ensures the implementation of such system.
16. Shall coordinate the participation in foreign exhibitions, panel discussions and workshops in addition to organizing such forums locally in order to for leather and leather products industries to promote in advertise their products and technologies as well as share experiences from other organizations and sectors.
17. Shall support the certification and issuance of competency assurance and standard certificates to leather and leather products industries in industrial.
18. Shall facilitate conditions to create relationship with local and international private and governmental institutions with the same objective and operation like leather and leather products industries in industrial in order to elevate the quality of product offered by the sector.
19. Shall ensure support is provided to leather and leather products industries in industrial who are accountable for the ministry.
20. Shall design joint plan with institutions having similar objective and purpose in order to facilitate creation of chain for leather and leather products industries in industrial with heavy industries in addition to creating product chain as well as monitoring the performance in this regard.
21. Shall facilitate, coordinate and monitor delivery of technical and training support to leather and leather products industries in industrial from education and training institutions, sector institutions and universities.
22. Shall coordinate private and governmental institution support locally and internationally to leather and leather products industries.
23. Shall undertake research and study towards creating opportunities for leather and leather products industries to export their products abroad and shall monitor the performance of the plan adopted in this regard in addition to undertaking monitoring and evaluation.
24. Shall ensure leather and leather products industries are provided with the necessary support and assistance in the legal aspect in order to build their capacity.
25. Shall lead the experts under the leather and leather products directorate; coordinate, monitor, follow up, evaluate and measure their performance and takes corrective measures as determined necessary.
26. Shall undertake other related duties to achieve the goals of the agency.