The Information Technology Directorate is accountable to the manufacturing implementation capacity building sector d/director general having the following powers and duties:
1. Shall assess the need of the sector for information communication technology, shall prepare policies and strategy manual enforce the development of new operation procedures, shall implement the same at each level in addition to implementing and evaluating the same.
2. Shall prepare standard information collection formats; shall identify performance indicators of the sectors development; shall prepare directory, statistical abstract and distribute the same to internal and external users in addition to updating such materials.
3. Shall lay down smooth and fast information collection system in order to collect information up to the required quality and time; administers such information.
4. Shall provide library service; organize and monitor the service.
5. Shall administer the network infrastructure and operation.
6. Shall facilitate meeting and training to be delivered using information technology video conference, plasma, internet etc.
7. Shall ensure the safety of the agencies computer related equipment’s, repair and delivers in job training.
8. Shall collect information concerning trained personnel by other institutions and organize such information and ensures such information is accurate.
9. Shall identify e-marketing, e-learning, e-government and other updated techniques and shall facilitate utilization of these techniques in coordination with the concerned entities.
10. Ensures the delivery of the sectors information technology infrastructure, hardware and software system integration is without any interruption and with at most reliability.
11. Shall ensure the agency follows and is updated with new technologies; identify current technological needs and implement the same when approved.
12. Shall strictly monitor security of information communication technology; shall design methods of backup recovery plan for software and hardware
13. Shall lead, administer, monitor and support professionals under the directorate.
14. Shall prepare the directorate’s current plan and follow up the performance.