The directorate’s director is accountable to the manufacturing facilitation and transformation center d/director general having the following powers and duties:
1. Shall prepare trade fair and bazaar standards based on international practices in order to ensure the benefit small and medium industries from trade exhibitions and bazaars.
2. Shall identify the detail activities required to identify foreign market to small and medium industries and coordinate the concerned entities to undertake what is expected from them in this particular activity.
3. Shall identify small and medium industries products for which value chain has not been assessed.
4. Collect product samples of small and medium manufacturing industry that market needed.
5. Assess market opportunities for small and medium manufacturing industries at the international level.
6. Formulate effective marketing strategy to benefit regional agencies in behalf of small and medium manufacturing industries.
7. Monitor and support industries which are engaged in supply of inputs for small and medium industries.
8. Cooperate with Ethiopian embassies in foreign countries, consulates and consultants in order to obtain and gather information and experience regarding franching marketing system in order to benefit small and medium industries from international market.
9. Plan, organize and prepare manuals which are essential to implement market support framework.
10. Plan, organize and prepare product showrooms to display products of small and medium industries.
11. Allocate market development skill enhancing training manuals in cooperation with technical and vocational training agency and distribute the same to executive organs.
12. Plan, organize, support and monitor the excution of product showrooms and sales outlets of small and medium industries.
13. Plan, organize and coordinate exhibition at national level for products of small and medium manufacturing industries.
14. Identify, collect and organize local and international market information and upload in to website.