The sector is organized into five directorates namely:
The manufacturing implementation capacity building sector’s d/director general is accountable to director general having the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Shall design policies, strategies, plans, programs and project that facilitate the development of small and medium manufacturing industries and shall implement the same up on approval by the government.
2. Shall design supportive frameworks that facilitate development of small and medium manufacturing industries and implement the same up on approval.
3. Shall conduct research on favorable opportunities for the development of small and medium manufacturing industries in addition to delivery of training.
4. Shall identify challenges facing competitiveness of small and medium manufacturing industries and recommend solutions.
5. Shall build the capacity of regional institutions that support and coordinate the development of small and medium manufacturing industries.
6. Shall identify and formulate local and international best practices that would assist the facilitation of development of small and medium manufacturing industries; organize experience sharing forums, participate in local and international programs of experience sharing.
7. Shall ensure the development of feasibility studies and project profiles that would assist the benefit of small and medium manufacturing industries; collect, analyze and organize as well as distribute information to users.
8. Shall design entrepreneurship programs in order to reinforce industrialists.
9. Shall establish model incubation centers and assist the establishment of the centers in regions.
10. Shall create inter relation of small and medium manufacturing industries in respect to technology.
11. Shall facilitate support from universities, training institutions, technique and vocational education centers to be provided to small and medium industries in industrial and shall monitor such supports adequately provided.
12. Shall collaborate in undertaking research and development, technology transfer, infrastructure development and other capacity building activities.
13. Shall monitor and supervise whether small and medium manufacturing industries operates consistent with local laws, environmental agreements that the country endorsed and other protocols related and shall ensure delivery of consultancy service to this effect in coordination with governmental and nongovernmental organization working in the area of environmental protection.
14. Shall monitor assessment of environmental impact around small and medium manufacturing industries based on laboratory result and environmental impact measuring tools and shall ensure environmental impact assessments are managed and administered by the institution and shall promote the usage of pollution free operation procedures.
15. Shall monitor the usage of energy from byproducts of industrial products.
16. Shall introduce incentive, acknowledgment and award procedure based on research in order to promote competitiveness of small and medium manufacturing industries.
17. Shall coordinate the participation in foreign exhibitions, panel discussions and workshops in addition to organizing such forums locally in order to for small and medium industries to promote in advertise their products and technologies as well as share experiences from other organizations and sectors.
18. Shall support the certification and issuance of competency assurance and standard certificates to small and medium industries in industrial.
19. Shall design joint plan with institutions having similar objective and purpose in order to facilitate creation of chain for small and medium industries in industrial with heavy industries in addition to creating product chain as well as monitoring the performance in this regard.
20. Shall facilitate conditions to create relationship with local and international private and governmental institutions with the same objective and institutions accountable to the agency and operation like small and medium industries in industrial in order to elevate the quality of product offered by the sector.
21. Shall collect local and international information related with the sector and upload the same in to a website, shall prepare annual statistics, directory and magazine.
22. Shall represent the sector locally and internationally and shall ensure effective and good relationship is created between coordinating centers; evaluate the performance of directorate under its supervision and based on the evaluation result shall take the necessary corrective measures and shall prepare the performance report of the coordination.