The Metal and Wood Works Engineering directorate director is accountable to the manufacturing development sector d/director general having the following duties:
1. Shall plan, organize, lead, coordinate and monitor the activities of the directorate.
2. Shall coordinate and monitor the performance of metal works, wood works and bamboo industries in small and medium industrial supportive frame works.
3. Shall prepare the detail specification of materials and tools required for metal, wood and bamboo manufacturing and other engineering activities based on their need.
4. Shall facilitate a necessary coordination with small financing and credit institutions by providing the list of the equipment required by the enterprises.
5. Creating value chain in order to provide supporting in the areas of training, finance, technology and consultancy service based on the need of metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries both small and medium.
6. Shall collect, organize, analysis and distribution information related with metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries.
7. Shall prepare joint plan with metal and engineering corporation and metal development institutes in order to make the industries have value and supply chain.
8. Shall coordinate with higher institutions, technical and vocational centers to facilitate opportunities to manufacture required equipment’s locally and avail technology transfer, evaluation, training and monitoring.
9. Shall facilitate certification of metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries and monitor the performance.
10. Shall conduct research in order for metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries to develop import substitute product and exporting product and monitor performance related with this.
11. Shall prepare project profile suitable project files related with metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries and distribute the same to the concerned organs.
12. Shall create strong ties regional and city organs that support metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries.
13. Shall assist metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries to use energy saving equipment’s and machinery’s.
14. Shall ensure the adoption of standards that would help metal, wood, bamboo and other engineering industries to be come competitive in the market and create awareness on quality at the industrial level.
15. Lead and administer employees under his/her supervision.
16. Shall prepare annual, monthly, weekly and daily plans in order to have sustainable result oriented evaluation system; evaluate and monitor the performance of such plans and shall built transformational army that is well prepared for the directorate development.
17. Shall conduct support and monitoring activities in collaboration with the executive organs.